Join Our Team
We’re always on the lookout for new additions to the Matrex team. Chicago-based, we’re a diverse group of designers, brand strategists, and project managers who go the extra mile to keep projects on track and clients happy. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Exhibit Designer
This is your opportunity to join an exciting and collaborative design environment, to work with our design-centric clients and create exciting and award-winning exhibit solutions. The Junior Designer is responsible for assisting in the design and technical detailing of interactive exhibits and entertainment experiences. The work is done in collaboration with in-house Project Managers, Engineers, Account Managers, Salespersons and other Designers. The Junior Designer is accountable for delivering high quality drawing sets to ensure the project’s creative vision and design intent are accurately captured.
- Understanding of the client’s brand, products, needs and objectives
- Participating in, and potentially owning, the entire design process, from initial research through final design.
- Maintaining and updating existing exhibit program renderings
- Working collaboratively with other departments and vendors to ensure all design solutions align with estimating, production & operational capabilities
- Participating in professional development opportunities to stay informed of trends in the exhibit and design fields, learn from and share knowledge with colleagues, and build relevant partnerships.
- 1-2 years of exhibit design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field or equivalent
- Strong competency to work collaboratively in a team, assume responsibilities, prioritize and meet multiple project deadlines
- Be quick and precise with project assignments
- Detail oriented
- Ability to take direction and feedback from client, colleagues and supervisors and synthesize the information into clear, concise renderings.
- Expertise in 3D Studio Max and V-ray rendering environment a plus.
Matrex Exhibits is an organization that offers:
– A generous compensation package.
– Advanced technology throughout our organization.
– Health & Dental Insurance.
– 401K and Profit Sharing.
All inquiries will remain completely confidential.
Please send resume and portfolio samples.
Local candidates only. Relocation will not be provided.