Join Our Team
We’re always on the lookout for new additions to the Matrex team. Chicago-based, we’re a diverse group of designers, brand strategists, and project managers who go the extra mile to keep projects on track and clients happy. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and any relevant work samples to email@example.com.
Trade Show Field Supervisor
The Field Supervisor is responsible for supervising sub-contracted labor and hall personnel during trade show booth exhibit installation and dismantle. Individual must be able to effectively manage these teams to ensure that the tasks are executed in an effective and cost-conscious manner in order to meet our client’s budget and expectations.
- Prior to execution review project deliverables with the Field Service department, Account Manager and Project Manager including floor plans, schedules, inventories, and production orders
- Supervise the installation and dismantle of the booth, ensuring complete and proper packing of all property and assets for shipping including graphics, hardware, and supplies.
- Utilize your industry knowledge and skills to troubleshoot situations and communicate accordingly to all of the appropriate parties.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting timely documentation of all assigned tasks, post show reports, timecards and inbound/outbound photos for each show.
- Practical oversight of budgeted time and expenses including management of all labor resources.
- Manage onsite / union labor/non-union labor to ensure quality, efficiency and on-time installation and dismantling of properties and project deliverables per schedule and budget.
- Ensure client’s expectations are met throughout the trade show including all levels of detail.
- Report to the Account Team and Field Services department any changes, requests, or issues incurred, as well as the resolution and communication with the client.
- Other duties as assigned
MUST HAVE 5 Years of Prior Experience to be Considered
- Must have extensive previous trade show exhibit installation and dismantle supervision experience.
- Must have a demonstrated record of excellent leadership and ownership skills in an organized and consistent manner.
- Must be capable of managing through substantial details regarding the installation, dismantle and execution of the trade shows.
- Resourceful thinking required to address potential issues that may impact the schedule such as missing materials, information, manpower and equipment.
- Creative problem-solving skills to address issues that arise before, during and after the trade show.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment – including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read and understand construction and assembly drawings
- Flexible schedule is necessary as this job requires a considerable travel schedule and includes nights, early mornings and weekends.
This is a full time, non-union position. Great benefits including 401K, medical insurance and holiday pay.
Junior Exhibit Designer
This is your opportunity to join an exciting and collaborative design environment, to work with our design-centric clients and create exciting and award-winning exhibit solutions. The Junior Designer is responsible for assisting in the design and technical detailing of interactive exhibits and entertainment experiences. The work is done in collaboration with in-house Project Managers, Engineers, Account Managers, Salespersons and other Designers. The Junior Designer is accountable for delivering high quality drawing sets to ensure the project’s creative vision and design intent are accurately captured.
- Understanding of the client’s brand, products, needs and objectives
- Participating in, and potentially owning, the entire design process, from initial research through final design.
- Maintaining and updating existing exhibit program renderings
- Working collaboratively with other departments and vendors to ensure all design solutions align with estimating, production & operational capabilities
- Participating in professional development opportunities to stay informed of trends in the exhibit and design fields, learn from and share knowledge with colleagues, and build relevant partnerships.
- 1-2 years of exhibit design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field or equivalent
- Strong competency to work collaboratively in a team, assume responsibilities, prioritize and meet multiple project deadlines
- Be quick and precise with project assignments
- Detail oriented
- Ability to take direction and feedback from client, colleagues and supervisors and synthesize the information into clear, concise renderings.
- Expertise in 3D Studio Max and V-ray rendering environment a plus.
Matrex Exhibits is an organization that offers:
– A generous compensation package.
– Advanced technology throughout our organization.
– Health & Dental Insurance.
– 401K and Profit Sharing.
All inquiries will remain completely confidential.
Please send resume and portfolio samples.
Local candidates only. Relocation will not be provided.
Sr. Account Manager
Matrex Exhibits is a highly creative, award winning trade show and event company. We develop unique face to face marketing opportunities for our Fortune 1000 clients. We incorporate engagement technology applications to help drive our clients revenue and capture data about the attendees. We are seeking a seasoned Account Manager (AM) to serve as the direct contact between the business development staff, our clients and our various creative and production departments. The AM maintains relationships with new and existing accounts, serves as the direct contact for the client and works with them through all stages of production. He/she will manage and communicate production information including service orders through internal systems and review/confirm details with production divisions and outside vendors. No two projects are alike.
NOTE: You need a minimum of 3 years TRADE SHOW or EVENT PRODUCTION experience to apply for this position. Additional duties include:
Account Management Responsibilities
- Interacts and directly orchestrates the efforts of all departments; from the creative process through custom fabrication and exhibit installation in various cities.
- Manages the transition of accounts from our business development team and supports accounts accordingly. Fulfills all of the client’s unique requests and requirements.
- Has full responsibility and direct client contact with our largest accounts, mostly Fortune 1,000, in various markets from earth moving equipment to pharmaceuticals.
- Uses industry and marketing knowledge to understand and recommend products and services that are most appropriate for maximizing client results.
- Understands client marketing needs, their personal drivers and motivators. Identifies opportunities which can further solidify the customer partnership.
- Develops, monitors and distributes timelines and schedules to both the client and our internal team.
- Researches specific markets and assists the Business Development Strategists with compiling compelling proposals.
- Responds to client needs with a sense of urgency.
- Assists at the installation of exhibits on show site which may require some travel.
- Be well organized with the ability to multi-task and plan ahead while managing four to five accounts at any given time.
- Is responsible for reconciliation of SOW estimates to final invoicing.
- Manages floorplan/booth layout development, designs/renderings, graphics coordination and organization of archiving process.
- Confirms jobs and requests necessary information to prepare service plan requirements.
- Ensures custom production information is communicated effectively to all production teams involved with the event or project and follow through to completion, including variance reporting.
- Archives all show information for future reference along with invoicing support, graphics and any necessary changes on future events.
- May be required to travel 10% – 15% of time.
- 3-5 years trade show or event account manager experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of trade show service suppliers and vendors.
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Aggressively and pro-actively works to identify potential issues.
- Strong organizations and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with managing budgets and creating estimates and projections.
- Ability to manage several complex projects from inception to completion.
- Must be positive, energetic, self-motivated, proactive and team-oriented.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrives working in that environment.
- Contributes to our partnership with clients as a brand steward, and fulfills the Matrex commitment to understanding and fulfilling our clients’ needs.
Contact Us to continue the discussion. All inquiries will remain completely confidential.