Join Our Team
We’re always on the lookout for new additions to the Matrex team. Chicago-based, we’re a diverse group of designers, brand strategists, and project managers who go the extra mile to keep projects on track and clients happy. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matrex is seeking an Estimator to provide timely and accurate pricing information pertaining to the company’s exhibit fabrication or other services, accounting for production methods, timelines and established material costs.
- Analyze drawings, floor plans, models and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports
- Maintain close contact with Purchasing and Vendors, to assure pricing accuracy.
- Recommend new or alternate vendors and material application, where appropriate.
- Confer with engineers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Consult with vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Provide accounting with estimated job costs on custom or rental projects.
- Periodically monitor and audit projects for adherence to contract.
- Recommend changes in pricing policy, based on (favorable or unfavorable) variances on completed projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience with a thorough understanding of all phases of exhibit fabrication, detailing, I&D, shipping and logistics.
- Experience in the trade show/exhibit industry preferred including a strong working knowledge of current vendors and materials used within the industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and operate under short lead times and time constraints.
Proven ability to:
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Communicate changes and progress
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Focus on solving conflict, not blaming
- Participate in meetings
- Identify and apply cost saving measures
- Use spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Project Management software and other computer program
Contact Us to continue the discussion. All inquiries will remain completely confidential.
Matrex is looking for senior programmer to work in our PerformanceScience department. The ideal candidate will have significant strategic, creative and tactical experience in creating never-been-done-before experiences that help brands tell their story and compel audiences to engage. He/She will have the ability to see the ‘big picture,’ the technical expertise to define the solution and the competence to execute flawlessly.
This role includes development of all aspects of a digital experience, including the frontend user experience and interface, backend technology, database design, server configuration and api development.
Examples of the type of programming include: Digital touch/gesture/motion activities, augmented and virtual reality, mobile app and web development, RFID/NFC/iBeacon, projection mapping, holographic effects, and multi-player gaming.
- Work with managers to prioritize opportunities, define the vision, scope, and requirements for interactive offerings.
- Translate key business challenges and client needs into digital opportunities.
- Generate compelling digital experiences to exceed client objectives.
- Identify and leverage UX insights to influence strategy
- Participate in research & development, new business development, client management, technical feasibility, architecture and vendor management.
- Participate in the development process, including estimating, timeline management, programing, hardware decisions, quality control, resource management and application deployment
- Provide project management as needed including requirement definition, scoping and planning, creative problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ensure a high standard of deliverables in a fast-paced environment including code quality, user interface and overall experience design.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to ensure the needs of each project are met in a timely manner.
- Attend events and act as technology point-of-contact on-site to ensure programs are executed flawlessly.
- Create, maintain and refine functional and technical specifications and documentation standards.
- Support the development of quality assurance documentation and test plans.
- Support the development of coding standards and guidelines as well as conducting code reviews.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices and competitive landscape, and actively seek emerging digital technologies that will improve engagement ROI.
- Support troubleshooting of internal and client issues.
- Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years technical experience
- Experience creating digital experiences that garner industry attention and drive business
- Thorough understanding of basic application architectures and principles of web/software/mobile/social/installations production and development
- Diverse development experience in front and back-end technologies
- Experience building campaigns and platforms that are executed in live event-type environments
- Experience with the following required: HTML, Jquery, vb.net, SQL, Objective C, Unity, c#.net, Access, Programmers Discretion
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all departments and levels of the organization.
- Ability to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Strong communication skills and presence during client meeting and presentations
- Deep understanding of architecture and optimization of digital applications
- Demonstrated ability to balance workload of multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in preparing proposals and presentations for all levels of a client’s organization
- An inventive spirit to discover and deploy technology in new and exciting ways within the event industry.
- Dedication to accuracy and attention to detail
- A working knowledge of electrical engineering is a plus
Senior Exhibit Designer
Senior Exhibit Designer
This is your opportunity to be a leader in a collaborative design environment, to work with our
design-centric clients and create exciting and award-winning exhibit solutions.
- Talented designer who possesses the ability and passion to create trade show environments from ideas through completion and inspire the creative team in the process.
- Our very creative, dynamic environment produces concepts and designs for a range
of clients. Pushing creative boundaries, solving problems, and communicating complex ideas
on the fly.
- You will work with different disciplines and departments to transform ideas into engaging experiences. Be skilled at harnessing different team perspectives and forming them into strategic solutions.
- Effectively and often, within the creative team, across the company, with clients. Possessing the ability to present and champion great thinking, and provide keen insights.
- Be self-motivated and thrive on turning challenges into opportunities.
Always looking for better ways to do what we do.
- Collaborating with Create Director to define the goals of each project
- Understanding of the client’s brand, products, needs and objectives, as well as the motivations behind customers’ buying decisions
- Participating in/and accountable for the entire design process, from initial research through
- Working closely with cross-functional department managers, project managers, project teams and other design department staff to assure that all work is on schedule and within client’s budget
- Creating unique, rich exhibit designs that meet the client’s/brand’s goals and objectives and are intellectually and emotionally compelling.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure all design solutions align with estimating, production & operational capabilities
- Participating in professional development opportunities to stay informed of trends in the exhibit and design fields, learn from and share knowledge with colleagues, and build relevant partnerships.
- 5+ years of industry design experience or in a related field
- Bachelors degree in a design-related field or equivalent
- Strong design portfolio that represents design presentation skills related to the face-to-face marketing industry.
- Strong competency to work collaboratively in a team, assume responsibilities, prioritize and meet multiple project deadlines
- Solid understanding of creative process from conception through production
- Strong knowledge of latest exhibit industry trends, production techniques, materials,
and methodologies along with basic engineering to produce optimal solutions.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent personal presentation & communication skills to a wide variety of audiences
(client and internal)
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with all stakeholders to effectively convey design ideas and concepts and direct the development of design solutions.
- Ability to accept and incorporate feedback from client, colleagues and supervisors.
- Expertise in 3D Studio Max and V-ray rendering environment a plus.
Matrex Exhibits is an organization that offers:
– A generous compensation package.
– Advanced technology throughout our organization.
– Health & Dental Insurance.
– 401K and Profit Sharing.
All inquiries will remain completely confidential.
Please send resume and portfolio samples.
Sr. Account Manager
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) is the direct contact between the business development staff (and client input) and the various production departments of the company. The SAM maintains relationships with new and existing accounts, serves as the direct contact for the client and work with them through all stages of production. Manage and communicate production information including service orders through internal systems and reviews/confirms details with producing divisions and outside vendors.
NOTE: You need a minimum of 3 years TRADE SHOW or EVENT PRODUCTION experience to apply for this position.
Additional duties include:
Senior Account Management Responsibilities
- Interacts and directs the efforts of all departments; from the creative process through construction and exhibit installation.
- Manages the transition of accounts from Business Development and supports accounts accordingly. Fulfills all of the client’s requirements.
- Uses industry knowledge to understand and recommend products and services that are most appropriate for maximizing client results.
- Understands client needs and their personal drivers and motivators. Identifies opportunities which can further solidify the customer partnership.
- Develops, monitors and distributes timelines and schedules.
- Researches specific projects and assist the Business Development Strategists with compiling proposals.
- Responds to client needs with a sense of urgency.
- Assists at the installation of exhibits on show site which may require some travel.
- Be well organized with the ability to multi-task and plan ahead while managing four to five accounts at any given time.
- Is responsible for reconciliation of SOW estimates to final invoicing.
- Manages floorplan/booth layout development, designs/renderings, graphics coordination and organization of archiving process.
- Confirms jobs and requests necessary information to prepare service plan requirements.
- Prepares show site information as requested which may include supervisor packets, floor plans/layouts, travel information and transportation.
- Works closely with business development and operations on assigned jobs in advance and at show site, as required.
- Ensures production information is communicated effectively to all production teams involved with the event or project and follow through to completion, including variance reporting.
- Archives all show information for future reference along with invoicing support, graphics and any necessary changes on future events.
- Must be able to travel 25-50% of time.
- 3-5 years trade show Account Manager experience
- College degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of trade show service suppliers and vendors
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Aggressively and pro-actively works to identify potential issues.
- Strong organizations skills.
- Experience with budgets and creating estimates and projections.
- The ability to manage several complex projects from inception to completion.
- Must be positive, energetic, self-motivated, proactive and team-oriented.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrives working in that environment.
- Contributes to our partnership with clients as a brand steward, and fulfills the Matrex commitment to understanding and fulfilling our clients’ needs.
Contact Us to continue the discussion. All inquiries will remain completely confidential.