Join Our Team
We’re always on the lookout for new additions to the Matrex team. Chicago-based, we’re a diverse group of designers, brand strategists, and project managers who go the extra mile to keep projects on track and clients happy. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategic Account Director
Matrex Exhibits is seeking a seasoned Sales or Business Development professional to join our company as a Strategic Account Director. This role is responsible for lead generation, client acquisition, relationship management within the exhibit, event and brand activation space. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of brand stewardship, a proven track record of closing new business, and expertise at fostering long-term partnerships.
He/She will demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity in developing go-to-market strategies to drive revenue, identify clients’ strategic imperatives and lead internal cross-functional teams to develop, present and execute integrated custom programs.
This position focuses on programs such as tradeshows, corporate events and permanent installations. You will represent innovative, award winning creative and a best-in-class production staff.
- Actively pursue leads, prospect and qualify potential clients, and identify decision-makers.
- Maintain a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition.
- Represent the company as a leading solution provider and marketing partner
- Identify and anticipate the needs of client through discussions of their objectives and strategies and collaborate with client solutions to develop advertising opportunities to meet them.
- Critically evaluate sales opportunities, and make decisions about the core value of the potential business
- Collaborates with company leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Lead and/or participate the development of all pitches, capabilities presentations, strategic and tactical ideas, and proposals
- Exhibit exceptional client service and absolute accountability
- Provide leadership and direction to Account Managers, Project Managers and Designers when developing solutions and executing programs
- Communicate strategic and tactical initiatives, ensuring all project work meets clients’ expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related area
- Minimum 5+ years’ sales experience with a proven track record in building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business
- Demonstrated capability at new customer acquisition and client retention/growth within targeted industry sectors
- Ability to conceptualize and create opportunities for growth
- Ability to effectively build and manage a sales pipeline
- Skilled at strategic networking, persuasive negotiating
- Self-motivated and self-directed and goal oriented.
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with all levels of client management
- Skill in managing projects, energizing teammates, building consensus and communicating strategic concepts and expectations
- Writing, verbal and presentation skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill at being pro-active, detail and goal-oriented, customer focused and responsive to multiple simultaneous occurring projects or activities
The Strategic Account Director will report directly to the Director of Client Services. We offer an attractive compensation structure as well as company health, dental, & vision insurance plus a 401(k) with employer match.
Databird Business Journal awarded us
2019 Best Companies for Women
based on employee responses