Join Our Team
We’re always on the lookout for new additions to the Matrex team. Chicago-based, we’re a diverse group of designers, brand strategists, and project managers who go the extra mile to keep projects on track and clients happy. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and any relevant work samples to email@example.com.
Field Service Coordinator
Responsible for overall show coordination, including estimating and ordering of show services, arranging installation and dismantle, handling all relevant inquiries and performing administrative functions to meet the requirements of the client.
- Research last year’s show schedule 90-120 days prior to show to compile deadlines and show management requirements.
- Create and distribute to all staff pre-show estimates to assist in planning yearly budgets
- Prepare all required forms and order services by deadline date
- Coordinate installation labor, dismantle labor and field supervisor
- Email each show service supplier and request written confirmations via e-mail or fax prior to install.
- Contact the project management team and have the installation drawings revised to reflect any changes
- Submit all required EAC forms and certificates of insurance on behalf of client prior the deadline.
- Maintain constant communication with account team regarding status of job and updates.
- Prepare and distribute show service packet to team prior to show.
- Arrange and participate in a pre-show meeting with team to review exhibit set up drawings and show packet.
- Assist Matrex supervisor or Labor company with show site requests.
- Work with vendors regarding services issues, negotiating credits when necessary.
- Compile all final show invoices, check for accuracy and reconcile charges. Create one concise invoice for client review.
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and word processing
- One to three years of experience in the exhibit industry
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Effective time management and problem solving
- 24 Hour availability for emergencies
- Employees must be willing to work after hours and weekends as needed
Project Manager (Engineer)
Matrex is seeking a Project Manager for its Addison, Illinois location.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Preparing set up drawings based on customer and/or sales specifications
· Preparing layouts, patterns or scaled drawings for construction
· Purchasing materials, parts, supplies and services in the right quantity, quality and price
· Developing purchasing specifications by researching and analyzing technical data, design and manufacturing requirements
· Identifying vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
· Evaluating cost and quality of goods or services
· Specifying material, hardware, electrical/lighting specifications and building techniques in accordance with customer requirements
· Reviewing prospective projects and estimates with account executives prior to proposal submission to determine feasibility
· Leading pre-construction meeting to verify expectations
· Overseeing production to ensure all specifications and requirements are met
· Ensuring resolution of engineering and production problems
· Ensuring shipment is complete when it leaves the plant
· Preparing complete inventories of tradeshow components shipping out of the building.
Skills and Specifications
· Clear understanding of construction methods for wood/metal fabrication
· Proficiency using AutoCad for 3D modeling, although we work primarily in AutoCad, Knowledge of Inventory would be a plus.
· Ability to efficiently network and coordinate works with suppliers and internal staff
· Ability to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines with tremendous accuracy
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Qualifications & Experience
· High school diploma or a GED equivalent from a certified college
· Bachelor’s or an associate degree from an accredited institution
· Some tradeshow experience required, 2-5 year preferred.
Matrex offers a generous salary commensurate with experience with a great benefits package that includes Health & Dental insurance, 401K, vacation and paid holidays.
Strategic Account Director
Matrex Exhibits is seeking a seasoned Sales or Business Development professional to join our company as a Strategic Account Director. This role is responsible for lead generation, client acquisition, relationship management within the exhibit, event and brand activation space. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of brand stewardship, a proven track record of closing new business, and expertise at fostering long-term partnerships.
He/She will demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity in developing go-to-market strategies to drive revenue, identify clients’ strategic imperatives and lead internal cross-functional teams to develop, present and execute integrated custom programs.
This position focuses on programs such as tradeshows, corporate events and permanent installations. You will represent innovative, award winning creative and a best-in-class production staff.
- Actively pursue leads, prospect and qualify potential clients, and identify decision-makers.
- Maintain a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition.
- Represent the company as a leading solution provider and marketing partner
- Identify and anticipate the needs of client through discussions of their objectives and strategies and collaborate with client solutions to develop advertising opportunities to meet them.
- Critically evaluate sales opportunities, and make decisions about the core value of the potential business
- Collaborates with company leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Lead and/or participate the development of all pitches, capabilities presentations, strategic and tactical ideas, and proposals
- Exhibit exceptional client service and absolute accountability
- Provide leadership and direction to Account Managers, Project Managers and Designers when developing solutions and executing programs
- Communicate strategic and tactical initiatives, ensuring all project work meets clients’ expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related area
- Minimum 5+ years’ sales experience with a proven track record in building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business
- Demonstrated capability at new customer acquisition and client retention/growth within targeted industry sectors
- Ability to conceptualize and create opportunities for growth
- Ability to effectively build and manage a sales pipeline
- Skilled at strategic networking, persuasive negotiating
- Self-motivated and self-directed and goal oriented.
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with all levels of client management
- Skill in managing projects, energizing teammates, building consensus and communicating strategic concepts and expectations
- Writing, verbal and presentation skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill at being pro-active, detail and goal-oriented, customer focused and responsive to multiple simultaneous occurring projects or activities
The Strategic Account Director will report directly to the Director of Client Services. We offer an attractive compensation structure as well as company health, dental, & vision insurance plus a 401(k) with employer match.
Matrex is looking for a Senior Programmer with experience in web development to work with our internal PerformanceScience and IT Team. He/She will have the ability to program and deploy solutions within assigned timeline and execute successfully. This role includes development of all aspects of a web portal, including the frontend user interface, backend technology, database design, server configuration, error handling, and testing.
- Translate key business challenges and client needs into successful web deployments.
- Participate in the development process, including estimating, timeline management, programming, hardware decisions, quality control, resource management and application deployment
- Provide project management as needed including requirement definition, scoping and planning, creative problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ensure a high standard of deliverables in a fast-paced environment including code quality, user interface and overall experience design.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to ensure the needs of each project are met in a timely manner.
- Create, maintain and refine functional and technical specifications and documentation standards.
- Support the development of quality assurance documentation and test plans.
- Support the development of coding standards and guidelines as well as conducting code reviews.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices and competitive landscape.
- Support troubleshooting of internal and client issues.
- Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years technical experience
- Experience with the following: HTML, Jquery, vb.net, SQL, c#.net, Access, ASP.net
- Experience creating and maintaining a .net web portal
- Thorough understanding of basic application architectures and principles of web/software/mobile/social/installations production and development
- Diverse development experience in front and back-end technologies
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all departments and levels of the organization.
- Ability to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to balance workload of multiple projects simultaneously
- Dedication to accuracy and attention to detail
- A working knowledge of electrical engineering is a plus
- A working knowledge of unity programming is a plus
Matrex Exhibits is looking for an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to manage incoming calls and visitors as well as coordinate administration duties and office procedures. This position will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication. This is an entry-level position that could lead to increased levels of responsibility within the organization.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Warmly greet visitors to our facility.
- Answer phone calls promptly in a professional manner.
- Quickly determine where calls should be sent, and transfer them.
- Screen calls for solicitors/cold sales calls.
- Field phone calls with general business questions.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail. Open vendor invoices, sort alphabetically for ease of data entry into SL system.
- Assist in copying and distributing production orders and other internal documents as requested.
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
Administrative tasks include, but not limited to:
- Assist with data entry of time and expense reports, vendor invoices and freight bills.
- Assist the Field Service Dept. in entering labor company, general contractor and other invoices.
- Post various department credit card transactions and reconcile credit card statements.
- Assist the Field Services Dept. with reconciliation and invoicing of projects
- Mail invoices, checks and other mail on a daily basis.
- Track inventory, order general office and vending supplies after appropriate approval.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning and catering
- Update and email weekly newsletter, track attendance and out of office travel for Matrex staff.
- Update spreadsheets used by accounting, production, and field services as requested.
Other projects will be assigned based on interest and aptitude. These could include:
- Assist in portable exhibit processing and enter, update and process transactions.
- Assist in reviewing vendor files and ensure that W-9’s have been received from all vendors.
- Update company phone list and distribute as needed.
- Inactivate closed jobs in accounting utilizing listing from accounting.
- Complete credit applications as requested by vendors.
- Perform other functions as requested by management.
- Be positive, friendly and the ‘face of the company’ at all times.
- Must be punctual to ensure front desk is ‘manned’ during business hours, which means arriving by 8:15.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a professional manner.
- Have the ability to communicate with people at all levels throughout an organization.
- Be experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
Contact Us to continue the discussion. All inquiries will remain completely confidential.